By Ruvimbo Jeche
If you are like the rest of us, you have probably spent a lot of money on skincare products often with less than convincing results. Every once in a while it’s important to remember that the heavens already graced us with an abundant and much cheaper solution which should be our #1 and go to product. This God given product is not only good for the your skin, but it is great for your insides as well. I’m talking about WATER, our naturally, God-given H2O.Which is very good for your skin and body. It has very little to no side effects imagine, instead of trying substances with chemicals you can’t even pronounce well, let’s just make a deal and start with water.
WHY IS WATER GOOD FOR THE SKIN?
- Water keeps skin cells hydrated and moisturised and this will prevent blemishes, pimples, darkness and wrinkles.
- Improves skintone and skin turgor
- Prevents premature aging
- Reduces puffiness
- Prevents acne
WHY IS WATER GOOD FOR THE BODY?
- Cures constipation
- Promotes weight loss
- Prevents dehydration
- Toxin cleanse
- Detoxifying effect- flushes out toxins and maintains pH balance of your body.
You may wonder how to go about drinking water for the glow and for your system. It’s simple, one thing to consider is the timing of your meals and water intake to effectively cleanse your system. Most recommended procedure is having a few glasses of warm water in the morning before you take any food (to rev this up, add some fresh squeezed juice from a lemon or lime)This will cleanse your system as it prepares for a new day and most importantly, it increases blood circulation through the arteries and the veins. During these this hot summer days, staying hydrated is not only great for your skin, it’s also great for your insides as well. While experts recommend consuming anywhere fro 1.5L to 2L ( 8lasses) of water, this is a great baseline however people differ and you should start by drinking as much water as the body wants.
OTHER POINTS TO CONSIDER
- Drink the first thing in the morning, within the first 30 minutes of your arising.
- The water temperature should be lukewarm, cold water is not good for the digestive system.
- Exercise caution when adding other ingredients eg lemon, vinegar because mixing does not always suit everybody.
- Try to sit down while when drinking water. By sitting and drinking muscles and nervous system are more relaxed which helps the body digest fluids and water more easily.
- Drink water slowly, don’t gulp down at once.
- When your first start drinking more water it normal to feel the frequent urge to urinate that you maybe used to. Just know it won’t be long until your body adjusts accordingly.
***** Let’s try this flawless farmers on vaMudhumeni #GoodHealthGoodNutrition!!!