By Ruvimbo Jeche
Mushroom is the best relish if not meat the heavens has ever graced us with. Now that it can be harvested even in your backyard, it is an all season relish to consider for your meals. It is actually my favorite, oh my God, I’m just realizing everything is my favorite. So funny but great thing -if only mushroom could be everyone’s favorite. It goes well with almost everything; shallot, garlic, asparagus, fish etc. But that’s not the focus of vaMudhumeni today but to just try out dried mushroom creamed with peanut butter; yummy and tantalizing trust me!!!!
- Cooking oil.
- Peanut butter.
- Dried mushroom.
1. First boil the mushroom to perfection. You can keep on adding water till the desired perfection is achieved.
2. Heat oil over medium heat.
3. Add onions and tomatoes and stir continually until the desired tenderness is achieved. Add salt to taste.
4. Mix the peanut butter and about a quarter of water.
5. Add to the tomato and onion soup and bring the sauce to boil on low heat.
6. Drain the mushroom and add to the peanut butter sauce.
7. Simmer on low heat for about fifteen minutes.
Serve with sadza.
***Happy cooking with vaMudhumeni: GHGN
Tried it today, tjoo very delicious