By Albert Makendenge
Treating customers as the KINGS they are highly considered to be is one sure way to make sure that farmers sell off their farm produce as quickly as possible. This can simply be achieved through a number of ways listed below.
- First and probably most important is the ability to provide the right and exact size, quantity, quality and freshness that the customers are looking for. In short, products which are ideal and suitable for their various uses and purposes.
- Another way to attract a lot of customers is through promotions and specials, that is providing customers with reduced prices (price discounts) for certain products or allowing to taste a little before they actually get to buy.
- Regularly communicating with customers about their needs and thus producing and providing them with exactly what they ask for will certainly go a long way in increasing sales.
- Arranging and presenting the products on sale in a way that appears very nicely to customers might push them to go on and buy. This should be followed up by helping the customer throughout the whole purchasing process.
- Providing customers a wide range of products with a wide range of prices, units and measurements can also be used to push up sales. This way different income groups of people have a chance to buy what they can afford.
One can fully agree that these and various other measures, when used together well, can ensure that farmers don’t remain with a lot of wastages on their hands through securing a very good customer base