By Ruvimbo Jeche
If you love potatoes as I do, then coriander oven spiced fries are a must try. Not only will you enjoy your potatoes but you enjoy the crispiest of all times pampered with amazing health benefits found in coriander. Coriander is one of the most commonly used culinary spice. Corriander is earthy and peppery. Those like my mum who do not want strong spices, coriander is the real deal. It is not strong but has a definite subtle flavor.It has a spicy citrus flavor and can be used in a number of ways. Its leaves can be enjoyed raw or cooked. It works well with onions, tomatoes, bell peppers and chilies. Potatoes and coriander are undoubtedly a perfect match.
You will need.
- 3/4 large potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cracked coriander seeds or ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper
- Slice 3/4 potatoes into fries
- Toss the fries with 2 tablespoons Olive oil, 2 teaspoons cracked coriander seeds or ground coriander
- Add 1 teaspoon thyme
- Arrange the fries on the baking sheets in a single layer
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Flip the fries and rotate the pans and bake for 20 more minutes or until the fries are golden brown and crisp.
- Season with salt and black pepper and serve.
(Recipe adopted from www.onegreenplanet.org)